Skills for Effective Lean Coaching
Practice and learn effective coaching techniques as presented by seasoned coaches. This is an interactive and hands-on workshop where participants will get a chance to practice and hone their coaching skills.
This interactive workshop is appropriate for:
- A Lean champion that wants to grow into the role of a lean coach.
- A new coach that wants to refine their skills and network with other coaches.
- A leader supporting lean teams who wants to sharpen their coaching skills.
All participants will have an opportunity to ask the hard questions and learn specific tools to enhance your project experience.
The participant will:
- Come away with a deep understanding of the role of a coach in one team as well when part of organizational change.
- Come away with practical tools and practices to be a better coach.
- Learn how to implement 5 effective coaching behaviors.
- Understand what you specifically need to improve upon to be a better coach.
- Kelcey Henderson, Continuum Advisory Group
Kelcey is a founding member and the current President of Continuum Advisory Group, a management consulting firm to the building and construction industry. She works with organizations throughout the continuum of the construction industry, including capital asset owners, contractors, engineering firms, building trades, unions, and industry associations. Kelcey is passionate about collaborative culture development, teambuilding and alignment to create the proper foundation for implementation of Lean practices. Kelcey is a regular speaker for industry associations such as the Lean Construction Institute (LCI), the Construction Users Roundtable (CURT), and the Construction Industry Institute (CII) where she also leads research on the topics of innovation, integration, project excellence and the strategic role of engineering and construction in achieving key business objectives.
- Andy Fulton, PMP, CSM, Construction Accelerator
Andy is a Senior Lean Implementation Coach with Construction Accelerator. Andy has coached dozens of different project teams in the Last Planner® System in design and construction, and helped project teams to understand and use various other Lean tools. He also spent 10 years as a Naval Civil Engineering Corps officer in construction management and public works operations and is a Certified Master Facilitator and registered Civil Engineer with a passion for helping teams excel.
Lunch will be provided.